Talk 1: "How to build a full app with ZIO - part 1"
This talk is about how to build an app from scratch and how ZIO (https://zio.dev) can provide the perfect testable environment.
The following frameworks will be used:
It's the first half of a two part talk that will be continued at a subsequent meetup.
By Felix Eckhardt. Felix is the CTO of RISK IDENT. RISK IDENT build software in Scala to fight online fraud.
Talk 2: Turning runtime errors into compile time errors using Phantom types
A tour of some ways you can use phantom types to encode constraints and turn what would be run time errors into compile time errors.
By Alexander von Olst.
Talk 3: ???
We are looking for a speaker / talk to fill the third 20-minute slot. If you're interested in giving a short talk, please DM the organizers or create a Github issue at https://github.com/scala-hamburg/scala-hamburg/issues
- 18:00 - 19:00 Get-together, with pizza & drinks
- 19:00 - 19:05 Short intro
- 19:05 - 19:25 ZIO
- 19:30 - 19:50 Phantom Types
- 19:50 - 20:00 Break
- 20:00 - 20:20 Talk #3
- 20:30 - Networking, with more drinks
- The talks will be in English
- Accessibility: The meeting area is accessible by wheelchair (use the elevator)