This group is for women who work with and love data. Our goal is to bring together women who work in data or who would like work in data - to support one another, share experiences and talk data - big or small! Whether you’re a student just embarking on a career or a seasoned data professional, this group is for you. We want to connect and inspire amazing data women with diverse expertise and experience.
We will kickoff our community of women in data at the end of September! Manchester Science Partnerships are hosting the event in their brand new Bright Building and Rullion Niche are providing refreshments. Please help us spread the word and invite other data ladies!
A reminder that our group and our events are open to women or anyone who identifies as female who work with, want to work with, or love data!
• 18:30- 19:00 Check-in & networking with some light refreshments
• 19:00- 20:00 Lightning talks from our women in data speakers and Q&A
• 20:00- 21:00 Networking & wrap-up
• Geraldine Gallagher - Graduate in Economics and CIMA qualified accountant. Worked in several Top 100 companies focusing on Commercial finance and Client/Contract analysis. Only a small move from finance data to operational data to all company data. Current role Head of Business Intelligence at DWF responsible for all client, operational, and finance analytics.
• Angeliki Loukatou - Power engineer and PhD Student in the Centre for Doctoral Training in Power Networks, the University of Manchester. Her research area is focused on wind energy storage. She has used R (and RStudio) extensively during last year to model and analyse wind speed and power data.
• Rachael Ainsworth - Research Associate in radio astronomy and Open Science Champion at the University of Manchester. She was so inspired by the XX+Data Dublin meetup that she wanted to start a sister community in the UK. She organises XX+Data MCR & gets excited about the power of insight and storytelling through data.
• Karen Church - Head of Product Analytics at Intercom. Her prior life was spent as a Senior Research Scientist & Research Manager in Yahoo & Telefonica across the US and Spain. Karen loves the more human and creative sides of data and is a self confessed foodie.
Watch this space or follow us on Twitter (@xxplusdatamcr) for updates.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer