NB: This is a paid training series and attendees will need to purchase a ticket to attend. The normal fee is $1,200 USD but Agile:TNG members receive a special discount of $500 USD, bringing the price to less than $1,000 AUD. Sessions are strictly limited to ten (10) students. Book now at https://xscalealliance.org/xlots/ using discount code ATNG19.
Business agility means continuous adaptation to changing market conditions. This live-online training stream provides a way to rapidly orient your organization's executive, product and change leaders to this essential capability, and to apply it systematically to change drivers and business bottlenecks across the organization. Leaders are too burdened with command and control responsibility to take days out of the loop in a classroom, so this course runs in a series of after-hours seminars, three-hour deep dives that connect you directly to world class business agility experts.
Descaling, not scaling, is the fundamental paradigm in XSCALE Business Agility. That doesn’t mean downsizing, but moving the organization from command and control to autonomy and alignment. Faster and more effective communication channels, decision protocols, game-theoretics and reward models combine to generate self-directing portfolios of self-managing streams of self-organizing teams.
* How to hothouse business-agile capabilities to maturity in months, not years, using the "Seven Samurai Kanban” to deliver a simpler, safer, faster change path than one-size-fits-all frameworks.
* How to apply simple "Leadership as a Service” patterns to achieve rapid consensus decision-making at all levels without wasteful big-room planning committees or delegation to functional silos.
* How to optimise the critical numbers that generate bottlenecks in value-flow, work-flow, and learning-flow through "open book" throughput accounting and fixed-cost stream funding.
And you'll gain hands-on experience using these techniques through collaborative simulations culminating in the dramatic XSCALE “Game Without Thrones”. The stream of sessions form a structured course for groups of ten held twice a week after business hours. They’re organised like the carriages of a train:
• The first six are a locomotive of business agility drivers, principles and practices. Each begins with a brief interactive examination on the content of the previous one, and each is supplemented with interactive homework. Pricing for this initial six session series is comparable to classroom Agile-In-IT practitioner training.
• Students in leadership positions may elect to "stay on the train" for change-strategy development sessions. The specific number of these depends on the organization's needs so pricing is per-session and may segue into a coaching engagement if so desired.
• Training can never make someone into a coach. You need years of experience on multiple change programs and a good amount of scar tissue to develop the skills. Experienced change practitioners may, however, use XLOTS to learn to apply XSCALE patterns and then "stay on the train", participating in co-training, as an introduction to the global XSCALE Alliance, a Linux-style learning-ecosystem of independent senior coaches.
Instructors include Jeff McKenna, co-founder of Scrum, Masa Maeda, co-founder of Lean Kanban, John Ferguson Smart, co-founder of Serenity BDD, and Peter Merel, XP pioneer and co-founder of the XSCALE Alliance.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer
A place to meet the most active, international community members