This is an introductory workshop, for people who want to get started in Data Science.
We will help you discover how data science can help you get the most of your data. And how to set up a data science environment, and which are the basics to start analysing your data set, and building predictive models with it.
The workshop will focus on two main aspects:
• Brief description of the meaning, problems and uses of Data Science.
• Resolution step by step of one simple classification problem, using a Data Science environment based on Python.
People who want to attend this workshop must satisfy these requirements:
• Only for current members of PyData Mallorca.
• Basic knowledge of programming expected. It doesn’t matter which programming languages you know, but we expect basic programming skills to keep up with the workshop.
• You should bring a laptop with Anaconda (Python 2) previously installed (https://www.continuum.io/downloads).
• This is a very elementary workshop, therefore if you have some experience on data analysis, this will not be the right workshop for you because you are going to get bored easily. We have the intention to offer more workshops adapted to different levels in the future, so if you are not a beginner, be patient and wait for the right workshop for you :-)
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to open this workshop to all the members who are on the waiting list, because seats are limited.
This is the reason why we have decided that: if you are on the attendee list and finally don’t attend, you won’t be able to attend the next workshop in the future.
Therefore if you are not sure if you will go to the workshop and you are now on the attendee list, please, leave your seat to the other members who are on the waiting list.
Thank you very much!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer