Featured Speaker: Mark Struck, Vice President, Data Management & Analytics, Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Mark Struck is the Vice President, Data Management & Analytics at Wawanesa Mutual. An actuary by trade, Mark believes that an organization’s financial successes are directly correlated with its ability to manage and cultivate insights from its data assets.
Over the last 20 years, Mark has lead teams responsible for pricing, reserving, risk management, and building insights and predictions. Recent work has focused on introducing machine learning and artificial intelligence within a growing set of disciplines, and developing approaches for operationalizing models and confronting the ethical dilemmas experienced during model development and deployment.
Mark Struck holds A Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Honours) in Actuarial Mathematics from The University of Manitoba. Mark is a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
Mark has served on a variety of actuarial and industry associations, contributing to publications and podcasts, and is active in his community, currently serving as a Director on the Board for the Winnipeg YM-YWCA.
Mark is married, and together with his wife Shannon spend much of their free time chasing after their three school-aged children.
Corporate sponsors of this event:
• Wawanesa Insurance - https://www.wawanesa.com
• DecisionWorks Consulting - https://decisionworks.ca
• Launch Coworking Space - https://launch1460.ca
* Important to know:
• $5 donation to cover for provided hot food, snacks, beer, wine, cocktails, coffee, tea, fruit juices and soft drinks.
• A door prize draw will be held.
• Free attendance for full-time students. Students are encouraged to join the Winnipeg Data Science Meet-Up Group and interact with the many professional Data Scientists and Data Analysts at this event.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer