LEARN HOW TO
- Write elegant, testable and maintainable code
- Think about the state of your application
- Appreciate pure functions and immutability
- Make your application talk to the server and tame the complexity of asynchronous code
- Use modern tools to super-charge your development
The following will be covered during the 3 days:
- Introduction/big picture
- Components, Components, Components JSX
- Lifecycle hooks
- Virtual DOM and reconciliation
- Handling events
- Working with forms
- State management Inter-component communication Higher-order components
- Best practices and common pitfalls
- Introduction/overview Data flow
- Redux store
- Writing reducers
- Actions and action creators
- Asynchronous operations
- Using thunk middleware
If you are an experienced Web Developer and you want to learn how to design, create and maintain complex and modern rich web applications using React & Redux, this is the course for you!
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
This workshop is a combination of lectures, discussions and practical exercises.
Bring your own laptop with the following installed:
- Git client
- NodeJS 8
- Google Chrome (or any other modern browser) Visual Studio Code (or any other text-editor/IDE)This is a BYOD (bring your own device) workshop.
About the Instructor:
The passion for programming and making new discoveries took me from unlocking the secrets of C=64 machine language to all things web. Today, after 20 years of professional experience, the sheer excitement and pride of making a new technologies "work" is still driving me every day.
I've worked on various domains in different industries (e-government, fixed-odds betting, online gaming, social networks, investment banking) and with different technology stacks. Designed and helped building several scalable, high-throughput, low-latency transaction processing systems. One of the founding fathers of MindMup.
Today, I'm helping ambitious teams achieve their goals and improve how they build software.
Regularly giving talks at various meetups and software development conferences.