Free Event. Hosted by Santa Monica New Tech / Los Angeles.
This is a virtual meeting on Zoom (www.zoom.us). The meeting ID is posted on this page under the "Online event" heading. The passcode will be sent to you after you RSVP. Please make sure that receiving email notifications from group Admins is enabled for your Meetup account to receive the passcode.
VIDEO CONFERENCE DETAILS:
London Time: 18:00-19:00 Introductions on Zoom. 19:00-20:00 Informal Networking using Zoom breakout rooms or other channels.
You can download the Zoom client ahead of time at https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting. I recommend you familiarize yourself with the Zoom app. There are some helpful tutorials at https://bit.ly/3alN4NV.
A few things to prepare:
• You should check in about 10 minutes early to make sure you can connect and your audio and video are working right.
• To handle introductions, you will be called on when it's your turn to introduce yourself. A microphone will be required for us to hear you. If you choose computer audio please make sure yours is set up and working with Zoom — there is a test function within the app.
• Having your own camera and having it on is required.
• By default, you will be muted at the start. You can unmute yourself when it’s your turn to speak. Please mute yourself again afterward to avoid disruptions to the meeting.
• Once we are done with the introductions we'll have some themed breakout rooms (tech, sales/marketing, finance, general) for networking, or you can contact other participants directly through LinkedIn/email/phone/Skype/FB/other channels.
• IMPORTANT: If you'd like to connect with other participants after the session by using the messaging feature in Meetup make sure to change your Privacy Settings to allow being contacted by other members.
TRADITIONAL COFFEE SHOP MEETING DETAILS:
Los Angeles Time: 10AM-11AM Introductions. 11AM-12PM Informal Networking.
Watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/f42n5a92zy0
The OpenCoffee Club is an open concept originated in London 13 years ago. The goal was to encourage entrepreneurs, developers and investors to organize real-world informal meetups to chat, network and grow. There are now over 100 around the world. We will be meeting every week on Sunday morning at 10AM in Santa Monica.
Learn more about the OCC movement here: https://bit.ly/2MuyURs