April edition of Sahaj DevDay is all about block chain. Event is packed with a talk and a hands-on. Here is the take away in brief :
1) Building crypto currency from scratch - components involved, consensus algorithms, cryptography required.
2) Talk on different consensus algorithms and contrast between them including PoW/PoS/PoC/PoB
3) Hands on - Writing smart contracts in Etherium
1 : Srimathi Hari Narayanan [https://www.linkedin.com/in/shrimats/]
Srimathi is solution consultant in SahajSoft. She has been working on Etherium based application for last couple of months.
2 : Babu Jayaraj :
Babu Jayaraj has been working on building and integrating highly scalable and distributed systems for the past 17+ years. He has donned multiple hats as consultant, architect, delivery lead & tech pre-sales for clients including Target.com, Apple, HP, TESCO, British Telecom, Riotinto etc.
In his recent avatar as the lead architect for Integrated Data Center Tools & Automation and JioGST platforms @ Reliance Jio Infocomm. Ltd., he has designed and helped implement microservices based API platforms capable of handling millions of events per hour. Some of the technologies he is passionate about are Microservices, Edge Clouds, Deep Learning & Blockchain.
3 : Srinivasan Chandramouli : [https://www.linkedin.com/in/srinivasanchandramouli/]
Srinivasan is solution consultant in SahajSoft - He is a polyglot and has shipped an Etherium based blockchain application to production.
TODOs for the hands on session -
You will need to bring your laptop for the event. You will have to install the tools, clone the repo prior to the event.
Following are the pre-requisites for this hands-on workshop on Ethereum.
1) Since this is a hands-on workshop on writing code on Blockchain, it will help if the participants have explored the concepts of blockchain to some extent.
2) Bring your own device (Mac OSX/Linux would be ideal)
3) Software to install
Install Nodejs - Version 8 (https://nodejs.org/en/)
Install Truffle - npm install -g truffle
Install Ganache (http://truffleframework.com/ganache/)
4) Kindly clone this repository to get the start up code for this session (https://github.com/sahajsoft/devday_blockchain/tree/devday_bangalore)
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer