Our next event is Monday 25th June from 6pm at St Johns Foundation with the subject of tech in the context of youth and kids exploring the challenges, opportunities and case studies for empowering youth through digital technology.
As well as the challenges and risks around technology, we will also share stories and case studies of how digital and tech can be used to provide new opportunities and creative expression for young people.
We will have a number of speakers covering angles of what is happening at a local level, academic/research, and various related case studies.
This event kindly sponsored by St Johns Foundation donating space!
**PLEASE NOTE THE NEW VENUE THE BUBBLE, ST JOHNS FOUNDATION, BATH, AND CHANGE OF DAY TO MONDAY 25th JUNE.**
Speakers and topics:
1) Corsham Institute (Catherine Knivett): Data privacy and youth - balancing the opportunities and the risks
2) Safe in Your Hands (Sue Wheeler): Safeguarding Children Online - Training in B&NES
3) Teach Programming CIC (John Reeves): Engaging young people in creative opportunities of tech - teaching programming in Bath
4) Talklife (Jamie Druitt): Digital peer-to-peer support for youth mental health
5) Off the Record (Phil Walters): Shaping a digital strategy involving young people in B&NES
Also some more great local initiatives to learn about including Hedge app and s-cool.co.uk!
Come along, so much inspiration!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer