Please join us for our first speakers session of 2015! As usual, we will again have 2 speakers. The first talk will be around Open Source licensing practices whereas the second one will contribute with a perspective from an OSS practitioner.
Use this meet up to learn more about licensing considerations of OSS projects and chat with like-minded people. We will obviously have beer & pizza!
• 5:00PM - 6:30PM: Pre-Event Board games/Card games social
• 6:00PM - 6:30PM: Networking with Beer & Pizza
• 6:30PM - 6:45PM: Gwyn Murray: Open Source Licensing: Discussion of Current Issues
• 6:45PM - 7:15PM: Q&A with Gwyn
• 7:15PM - 7:30PM: Martin Winter: An inside look from the Open Source community: A look to Open Source Licenses and how to supporting your favorite project
• 7:30PM - 8:00PM: Q&A with Martin
• 8:00PM - 9:00PM: Final Networking
Gwyn Murray (Matau Legal Group): Open Source Licensing: Discussion of Current Issues
Gwyn will provide a summary of open source licenses and license compliance practices, as well as considerations in contributing to open source projects, followed by a Q&A where she will respond to your questions on these topics. Please find Gwyn's brief bio here: http://bit.ly/1wb6dWr
Martin Winter (NetDEF): An inside look from the Open Source community: A look to Open Source Licenses and how to supporting your favorite project
As a full-time Open Source contributor, Martin Winter shows the problems with from the Open Source side. Why are specific licenses used, how and why support your favorite project(s) and what are the main challenges for the Open Source community. Martin Winter works full-time for a non-profit company (NetDEF) on Open Source. Most of his work is on Quagga (Routing, see www.quagga.net and <a>www.opensourcerouting.net),</a> but he also spends a lot of his time advocating Open Source software in the Networking community.
SAP campus in Palo Alto - in the Cafeteria of Building 1. Feel free to bring your laptops, we will provide seating & tables.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer