There are 50+ different NodeSchool courses to choose from (not just Node.js). Bring your own device, buddy up with someone who wants to do the same course and become awesome! Some of us will wander around to help out.
See the NodeSchool.io page below for a full list of courses - here's some of the courses on offer:
- Learnyounode: learn the basics of node: starting at a basic "HELLO WORLD" and moving on to more advanced exercises about dealing with synchronous & asynchronous I/O, filesystem operations, TCP and HTTP networking, events and streams.
- Promise It Won't Hurt: learn to wield promises like a master to write clean asynchronous code - by the end of the workshop you will be comfortable using ES6 promises AND writing your own functions that leverage promises to provide clean abstractions and error handling.
- Tower of Babel: a series of exercises that introduce you to ES6 features using babel (which allows you to write code with ES6 syntax).
- LESS is more: learn the fundamentals of the LESS CSS preprocessor
- ExpressWorks: will teach you the basics of the Express.js framework
- Async You: by the end this workshop you will understand the main functions that the popular async library provides.
- learnyoureact: learn React.js and server side rendering!
- Thinking in React: learn React's philosophy by building a UI from scratch.
- stream-adventure: compose streaming interfaces with .pipe().
- Elementary Electron: make a desktop application using Node and Chromium with Electron.
See the full list: https://nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list
As always there'll be another draw for a FrontendMasters.com subscription.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer