This is the last of the test series of meetings that meet on the last Tuesday of each month at 5:00 pm. Please give your feedback so that we know to either continue the date/time/format or make adjustments.
*** This is a RSVP-only limited group. Please no walk-ins and please remove your RSVP if you cannot make the meetup. ***
The goal for these meetings is to lead a particular topic in Dev Rel and to share very practical challenges, ideas, and solutions that many of us share at work.
For a few months, we will experiment with a ***5:00 pm early start format*** and to treat this as job training. We will be discussing topics that deeply pertain to your jobs day-to-day, so why not treat this as a work meeting or career development? We hope to share best practices that you can take back to your office!
So block off your calendar with enough travel time and we'll see how this goes!
(If it really is too difficult, we will survey and adjust after a few months).
4:50-5:00 pm Gather in the room
5:00pm-5:15 pm Very quick introductions (Food and beverage provided by Atlassian).
5:15-6:15 pm (variable) brief intro to the topic and overall goals, discussion, final openness to broader topics as is valuable to the group.
6:15-6:30 pm Networking, continued discussion, head out to at a local happy hour if desired.
Mar 29 Topic: Dev Rel / Community metrics
* (potentially continue the Feb 23 topic if left unfinished: Dev Rel/Community team orgs and career path)
* Many conference and meetups discuss the topic of metrics and ROI for Dev Rel and Community. We'd like to dig deeper where we each share how we break down exact metrics that we use - what has worked, what's being tested, what has caused challenges - in a safe space of sharing.
* What Dev Rel metrics work for open source projects?
* What Dev Rel metrics work for products? Where does your team contribute in the funnel?
* What types of metrics does your company/management request? what works and what fails to capture true value?
* What tools do you use to capture metrics?
* This discussion aims to go beyond saying "It can't be measured!" and actually creating meaningful measurements. The discussion also aims to provide indicators in the very least when precise measurements are challenging to capture.
Future potential topics (not necessarily in this order) - Tell us what you want to discuss!
- Dev Rel / Community metrics
- Dev Rel / Community team within your company
- Building company employees into your first champions
- Overcoming burnout
- Managing difficult community personalities
- Successful sample apps
- Speaking and writing style