Attention! Please RSVP on Skills Matter, our kind hosts:
• 6.30pm - 7.00pm - informal chat & drinks
• 7.00pm - 7.05pm - Introduction
• 7.05pm - 7.45pm - Getting Started With Serverless PHP by Andy Raines
• 7.55pm - 8.30pm - Better Code By Making Bugs with Mutation Testing by Theo Fidry
• 8.30pm - 8:40pm - raffle - jetbrains licenses
• 8:40 till late - more chats & socialising in the pub
Getting Started With Serverless PHP
In the past few years a new computing revolution has been brewing - Functions as a Service - better known as Serverless Computing.
Whilst this is an extremely interesting and exciting technology, the largest provider (AWS) has yet to provide any native PHP support, leaving a huge number of developers with no access in their proficient language and preferred tooling.
However, all is not lost! This session will demonstrate how you can use PHP on AWS Lambda using the Serverless Framework with the same functionality as other natively supported languages. We will also discuss how it works, how it was built and also some of the current drawbacks and limitations of this approach.
Better Code By Making Bugs with Mutation Testing
Tests are code and as such they come with a cost. You need to write them, refactor them and maintain them. But how exactly do you know you have enough or too many tests?
How do you know if your tests are properly testing your code? How do you know your tests are buggy or not? Discover Mutation Testing, a fun tool making your code better by introducing bugs.
Are you organizing Serverless PHP & Mutation Testing?
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer