• What we'll do
• 6:00 pm - Gathering and Networking
• 6:30 pm - Opening
• 6:45 pm - Introducing a Catalog of Reusable Serverless Functions, by Dmitri Zimine, Stackstorm
• 7:15 pm - Democratizing Serverless: the New Open Source, Cloud Agnostic Functions Platform, by Eric Fode, Oracle
• 7:45 pm - Closing
Introducing a Catalog of Reusable Serverless Functions, Dmitri Zimine, Stackstorm
Ever dreamed of picking a ready-to-use lambda from an open source catalog of reusable functions? Meet StackStorm Exchange. It has been serving actions to DevOps StackStorm community for years, boasting hundreds of integrations and thousands of actions. Now you can use these actions as reusable functions in the Serverless framework.
You will learn how to turn an action from StackStorm Exchange into an AWS Lambda with few lines in serverless.yml, look under the hood of how the plugin does the magic, and be encouraged to to contribute your integrations.
Democratizing Serverless: the New Open Source, Cloud Agnostic Functions Platform, by Eric Fode, Oracle
Serverless computing is one of the hottest trends in computing right now due to its simplicity and cost efficiency. Oracle recently open sourced a new project that enables developers to run their own Serverless infrastructure anywhere. The platform is container-native, enabling users to write functions in any programming language with excellent support for local development and testing. Fn even allows devs to “bring their own Dockerfile” such that ANY containerized code can be used as a function.
This talk will cover:
- How to use the functions platform with a demo
- Deploying functions in multiple languages
- How the platform is implemented including packaging, input and output via STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR
- The nitty gritty on running short-lived Docker containers and hot functions to increase performance
- Scaling functions with the included smart load balancer
- Constructing higher-level orchestrations using Fn Flow
• What to bring
Lots of enthusiam...
• Important to know
Please enter the building on the side which is on Ringold St. The front entrance will be closed.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer