#Serverless first at Tingles
Serverless - one of the hottest buzzwords in the industry due to the promise of simplicity and cost efficiency. For the first-anniversary of Tingles App - serverless first video relaxation platform - we've invited Witek Strzelczyk, CTO at Tingles to share his experience in serving over 50K users daily.
# This talk will cover:
* development lifecycle - the full path from creating git repository to production ops
* monitoring - alerting ops setup
* scalability - surviving 6x traffic spikes
* incidents - deep dive into few incidents that we had over last year
* microservice design for serverless - review our design patterns and talk about plans for next year
# what to bring
basic concepts behind serverless and microservices
questions and use cases - there will be a short official QA session followed by informal one that can last hopefully for hours
Witek Strzelczyk is the CTO at Tingles, Y-Combinator W18 startup that is serving as a platform for ASMR videos, a new way to relax and fall asleep. More calming than meditation. More smooth than white noise. It's the most significant new trend in relaxation.
He was formerly a CTO at Erento GmbH (sharing economy) and Lead Architect at SmartRecruiters (recruitment software and applicant tracking system). With over 15 years of experience, he has worked across a variety of industries from travel, IoT to retail and entertainment with a primary focus on developer experience and cost optimizations.
# few facts to help you start a discussion with Witek
* first Kubernetes cluster deployed on production in late alpha version
* serverless in use for over three years ago
* serverless as the primary deployment environment over one year ago
* machine learning sound recognition