This is a 6-7-hour adventure in the Disneyland Resort organized by LA Lone Scouts where we will be using a Disney Youth Education Series (YES) Class: Marketing The Story of Your Visual Brand to fulfill many of the requirements for both the Eagle-required COMMUNICATION and elective DISABILITY AWARENESS merit badges.
About "Marketing The Story of Your Visual Brand": Using the Disneyland Park as the backdrop and “classroom”, this 3-hour Disney YES program exposes scouts to a hands on marketing campaign, select attractions and iconic photography elements to create their own stories and to communicate their personal brand. Scouts will discover and define the impact of social media in today’s world of story telling. Scouts will also use comparative analysis to understand editing/captioning and observe how Disney Imagineers engage the 5 senses to create immersive experiences for their guests of ALL abilities.
Open to All Boys and Girls in GRADES 6-12 for the 2019-2020 school year.
BSA Scouts (Grade 6-12) FROM ANY TROOP/COUNCIL please wear Class A Field uniform and bring (a) water bottle, (b) snacks, (c) pen -writing, (d) two signed blue cards for Disability Awareness and Communication, (e) notebook or worksheets for both Communication and Disability Awareness, (f) proof of completed requirements for Disability Awareness #2+#5+#7, and (g) proof of completed requirements for Communication #5+#8.
Check-In: Hand over Blue Cards
Class Starts: Disney YES Program
Break #1: Snack.
Class Resumes: Disney YES Program
Break #2: Lunch
Program Starts: Communication + Disabilities Awareness
Break #3: Snack
Program Resumes: Disabilities Awareness + Communication + Ride(s)
Check Out: blue cards are signed.
NOTES - PLEASE READ:
1) This is a SEMI DROP-OFF CLASS FOR ALL SCOUTS.
SCOUTS from the SAME TROOP should be accompanied by 1-adult at the ration of 4-Scouts to 1-adult from the SAME TROOP. All Adult Chaperones must be 21+ and have BSA YPT proof.
Any parent/guardian who wishes to accompany their student throughout the program will need to purchase an Adult Chaperone spot on the roster and bring BSA YPT proof.
2) The Scout price includes (a) one Disney YES workshop, (b) one event patch, and (c) all-day admission to Disneyland. The Adult BSA price includes (a) one Disney YES workshop, and (b) all-day admission to Disneyland. Everyone pays the same price - there is no discount for Disney Annual Passholders, Disney Employees, Active/Retired Military, etc.
3) Parking and travel arrangements from wherever you are and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is your responsibility.
4) This particular Disney YES ticket can be upgraded to an annual pass within 30-days of our class date at the Disney Resort ticket booths after the class has ended if you are interested.
5) Siblings and adults who have not paid for a spot on the class roster AND do not have valid annual passes in their name, can purchase admission tickets directly at the Disney Resort ticket booth to reunite with their students/scouts after the program ends to enjoy the park together. The reunion pick-up point will be announced on the morning drop-off/Check-in.
6) Itinerary will be available via email to all registrants about 5-10 days prior ( September 1-3, 2019). Please type your email address accurately in your Eventbrite registration. Please also make sure your Eventbrite account is set to receive email notifications.
7) Most Requirements will be covered in person at the Disneyland Resort, except for (a) Disabilities Awareness #2, #5 and #7, and (b) Communication #5 and #8. Please come with these prerequirements completed and to do your best for the entire duration of the program.
==== FAQs =====
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
What can I bring into the event?
What's the refund policy?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
WHAT ARE LONE SCOUTS?
We are not Asian. Is this class in Mandarin/Chinese?
We cannot make this date. Will you be organizing another one?
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer