This is a proposed meetup. The date is not real, just used for sorting in the list of future meetups. RSVP to show your interest; you can change your RSVP at a later date.
This is a repeat of the Feb. 7th meetup.
This meetup event, for web developers and designers, will provide foundational, hands-on experience with using a screen reader on your laptop.
• PC Laptops: You will use the free screen reader NVDA with Firefox.
• Mac Laptops: You will use the built-in screen reader VoiceOver with Safari.
Web developers and designers will benefit from a better understand of how screen reader users navigate web pages and apps.
We ask that PC users ensure that NVDA and Firefox are properly installed on their laptops prior to this event. We ask that all attendees bring headphones/earbuds to listen to their screen readers.
• 6:00 p.m.: Doors open. Attendees get set up, ensure their browsers and screen readers are working properly.
• 6:30 p.m.: Workshop begins.
• 7:30 p.m.: Closing remarks and wrap up.
Unfortunately, this event will not be live streamed or recorded.
Looking to learn about mobile screen readers? RSVP for our mobile screen reader event.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer