== Talk 1 ==
*Don't use exceptions*
Embrace the life without exception and start thinking in sealed traits. Felix explains why not having Exception will make your code more robust, readable and let's you find new friends.
Felix Eckhardt is the CTO of RISK IDENT. RISK IDENT builds software in Scala to fight the existing online fraud.
== Talk 2 ==
*Why property-based testing matters*
What is common between every single bug you have found in production? They passed all the tests. There is a way to generate tests, which might check the cases you didn’t think of before. Barys will talk about benefits of property-based testing and will give you an introduction to scalacheck.
Barys Ilyushonak is the lead of DEVICE IDENT product team from RISK IDENT. DEVICE IDENT is build in scala/akka and it identifies fraudulent devices online
== Talk 3 ==
*Project Euler Solutions in Scala*
Scala‘s offering of functional and object-oriented programming idioms with rich data types is a great basis for solving algorithmic problems such as those presented on https://projecteuler.net. Matthias shows some concise Scala solutions to selected problems.
Matthias Gärtner is a Principal Software Engineer at GT Nexus Commerce Network, a cloud-based global logistics service, built on Enterprise Java.
== Schedule ==
- 18:00 - 19:00 Get-together, with pizza & drinks
- 19:00 - 19:05 Short intro
- 19:05 - 19:25 Don't use exceptions
- 19:30 - 19:50 Why property-based testing matters
- 19:50 - 20:00 Break
- 20:00 - 20:45 Project Euler Solutions in Scala
- 20:45 - Networking, with more drinks
== Technicalities ==
- The talks will be in English
- Accessibility: The meeting area is accessible by wheelchair (use the elevator)