• NERD @ One Memorial Drive, 1st floor, Sampson/Paul - Theatre style
• Be sure to bring government-issued photo ID for admittance to the building
• 6:00 - 6:30 - Gather, grab a bite, socialize
• 6:30 - 7:00 - Opening talk
• 7:00 - 8:15 - Featured talk by James from Microsoft: Real World Container Deployments Using Docker and Azure
• 8:15 - 8:30 - Q&A, announcements
• 8:30 - ... - maybe get a social beverage locally
Real World Container Deployments Using Docker and Azure
Containers are a hot topic these days and it is easy to get started with them in development but what happens when you are ready to go to production? In the talk, we will look at some of the possible scenarios for deploying Linux containers in Azure. We will start out looking at Azure Web Apps for Linux to see how it can enable us to deploy any application (Node.JS/Python/ASP.NET Core/etc) and learn how to scale the site based on demand. We then use Docker Swarm to deploy a more complex application scenario discussing the differences in the services. By the end, you will have seen several ways to deploy your applications to Azure understand the tradeoff between services.
James (@aspenwilder) works for Microsoft where he partners with developers to explore the latest technologies for the web and IoT. Prior to Microsoft, he worked in the web development space for 10+ years working with startups and enterprises to improve the way they do business through technology. James is a regular speaker at local and national conferences and blogs at jamessturtevant.com. When he isn’t practicing his software craft James can be found running through the woods, climbing mountains, or hiking with his daughters.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer