Description: While Athena is widely used for querying data in S3, it cannot provide the performance needed for real-time analytics for applications that use customer 360s, personalization, IoT, and more. Nadine will explain how to use real-time indexing on your data lake for real-time analytics that power high-performance applications.
In this tech talk, Nadine will cover:
* The difference between indexing vs. scanning and how you can get 125x faster queries than what you would normally get from Athena
* How you can get 1000x higher concurrency than what is normally experienced in Athena
* How to achieve 1-second end-to-end data latency vs. hours with Athena
At the end of the talk, Nadine will walk through a demo of how you can index Amazon S3 for faster queries!
* Nadine Farah - Nadine is a senior developer advocate leading Rockset’s developer initiatives. Before Rockset, she was at Bose as a senior developer advocate on iOS on the Bose AR team focused on building augmented reality experiences.
4:00 pm Hello & Welcome
4:10 pm Talk Begins: "Real-Time Analytics on Data Lakes"
- Nadine Farah - Sr. Dev. Advocate @ Rockset
4:45 pm Q&A
5:00 pm Wrap-up