This is a two consecutive Saturdays intensive course for individuals with zero or little knowledge of Python that are looking to learn Python AND Blockchain fast and effectively. Learn everything you need to know in a single weekend and give your career a mega-boost.
5/19 - Saturday 8.30AM - 5.30PM
5/26 - Saturday 8.30AM - 5.30PM
In this course we will use the latest version of Python to learn about...
- Core programming concepts like variables, functions, loops, conditional statements, I/O, dynamic typing
- Core blockchain concepts with demonstration using Python concepts
- Error and exception management, lambda, logging, modules and packages
- Python data structures: Lists, tuples, dictionaries
- How to pull data from the web, web scraping, load data from CSVs or Excel spreadsheets
- Object-oriented programming with Python classes
- Charting with matplotlib - Cryptocurrency charting
- DataFrames with pandas, and NumPy on large datasets
- Machine learning with scikit-learn and SciPy
- Setting up, pulling and committing to GitHub repos
Check-in is at 8.30AM. Breakfast and (tons of) coffee will be provided. Please bring your laptop, ambition and enthusiasm.
About the Instructor:
Professor Jamiel Sheikh has over 15 years of experience with distributed computing, application development and complex large scale entereprise solutions. Jamiel currently runs one of the largest Blockchain Meetup groups in NYC and in the US with over 3k active enthusiasts. He is CEO of Override Labs, an advisory and development firm that specializes in complex blockchain and cryptocurrency solutions, tokenomics, decentralized applications and marketing. He also runs Chainhaus, a blockchain training company. He is a graduate professor at NYU and CUNY, where he teaches performance management and data science respectively. He has an MBA from Columbia University, BBA from Baruch College and is completing an MS in Artificial Intelligence from Georgia Institute of Technology.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer