This course is all about digital prototyping and usability testing of a new cocktail mixing app. Join a group of professionals to learn how to use powerful UX techniques to create interactive prototypes that can be tested, evaluated and improved.
You may have heard of prototyping and testing as part of the UX framework, but don't necessary know how these methods are applied in a real project. If you are keen to learn more about this topic and like to acquire professional UX skills through hands-on training in a stimulating way, then this course is perfect for you.
The course is part of a project that started in November 2016 in which a team of ten professionals began learning and applying the various UX methods to develop a unique cocktail mixing app. Lots of work has been done since, and we are now at the point where these designs need to be translated into digital prototypes so that we can test and improve them before they can be built.
Expect a few intense weeks of learning, designing, building and testing.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• Design and build digital prototypes
• Use a selection of professional prototyping tools
• Translate wireframes into interactive high-fidelity prototypes
• Plan, design and run usability test
• Analyse and evaluate tests
Course details at a glance
• The course (you only pay once) will take place on Wednesday, 24th May, 7th, 14th, 28th June, 18:30-20:30.
• max. 10 students per course
• £149 per person
• Certificate of completion
• Please bring your laptop as you will be using it to collaborate online and create interactive prototypes. You will have a choice of applications to choose from (trial versions and subscription based). Depending on your interest, ability and budget you can decide which of these professional tools you would like to use. These tools will be presented and discussed in our lessons so that you get a good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of each application.
Is this course right for me?
If you are looking to change career, have been struggling with applying UX design methods, or just wish to expand your portfolio, then this course is definitely for you. The work created and experience gained, will allow you to demonstrate your understanding of UX design to potential clients and future employers.
I have no prior experience in UX design and have not attended any of the previous courses, will I still benefit from joining the project at this stage?
Yes, this course is ideal if you have no or little understanding of the UX design process. At the start of the course, you will be getting an overview of the different UX design phases the teams have gone through so far; this will help you to understand the context better.
How is this course different from the free meetup?
The meetups are designed to introduce you to a new UX design topic every month, providing you with a platform to learn and network. Exercises are brief and simple, allowing you to apply what you have learned during the presentation.
The UX Playground courses and workshops take this idea much further. You will be given tasks that are more complex and based on a particular project. The aim is to learn new skills by developing a new or improving an existing product, similar to how you would do in a real project.
What format does this course have?
The course is a combination of presentations, practical exercises, homework, tasks and group assignments. The course is intensive, and we are aiming to complete all tasks during the course. However, additional time after lessons might be needed to complete exercises and homework. Be prepared to put max 2-4h per week aside in addition to the lessons.
Let’s get together learn, collaborate and design products that people will be love.
I look forward to another UX Playground event and hope you will be joining us.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer