Do you wonder how to get into product management? You could be one of the following people who has
- Mastered designing user-experience for products
- Deep experience in technology and has worked with developers
- An understanding of how businesses work and has a knack for strategic thinking
In the May edition of Product Tank Oslo, we will bring you insights on how to be a part of this club! So what does it to take the next step into Product Management? What gaps should be plugged to address all aspects of the product management role? What are the do's and don'ts of this journey? Hear from our speakers talk about their experience in transitioning into this demanding role.
1) Martin Röver-Parkes is Senior Product Manager at Questback, a global leader in SaaS insight solutions, and responsible for their largest product. Beginning his product journey on the retail shop floor, then progressing across manufacturing, logistics and HR industries, he believes life is as much online as offline – and can often be found exploring places!
2) Therese Nesseth Tørlen is a Product Manager at Working Group Two, a telco startup which builds a unified, open programmable and cloud-based mobile core network - as a platform. She started her career in Telecom by coincidence, but gained experience, exposure, and possibilities from asking the wrong and right questions. For her Product Management is more than technology, specification and prioritization, it is also the people and the fun.
3) Shubham Bhattacharya is a Director of Strategic Portfolio Management at Nagra, a Kudelski Group company - a leading provider of solutions to the media & entertainment industry. He spent the last 5 years in Product Management roles - building products in the B2B2C & B2B space. In his early career in the Smartphone industry, he spent 10 years in a range of roles - from being an individual software developer to leading teams spearheading innovation. In his spare time, he is often found being a paparazzi behind a camera lens.
This will be the last event we host before the summer. Like every time, expect food and drinks to drive your energy levels through the evening.
Thanks to Bakken & Bæck for generously sponsoring the event and hosting us at their premises. Bakken & Bæck is a digital studio that transforms big ideas into great products and ventures. They help big companies act like small startups, and provide the expertise startups need to launch and scale their business. Bakken & Bæck is looking for Product Managers. Know more at http://bit.ly/2HQzRz5
There's more to this event!
There is something special about the event this May. 'Mind The Product' will celebrate "World Product Day" across the globe - with Product Tank events being hosted in 90+ cities across the globe (http://worldproductday.com)
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer