Learn about Solr 4. Talk by Erik Hatcher from LucidWorks at the Open Source Search Conference October 1st.
Title: Open Source Search Conference 2012
Time: October 2nd, 9am-5pm
Location: Westfields Marriott, Chantilly, Virginia
If you use the Promo Code "pike12" on Eventbrite, get 25% OFF before Sep 16th
Who should attend?
- Current and prospective users of open source tools for search
- Government information technology officers and engineering staff
- Software developers implementing search-based applications
- Big data specialists working with unstructured text
- Keynote address from noted analytics strategist Seth Grimes
- Improving scalability, performance, and flexibility with Solr 4.0 and Solr Cloud
- Searching unstructured text in big data environments
- Improving information security
- elasticsearch for big data, search, and analytics
- Lucene 4's new spatial module for indexing arbitrary geometries
- Using open source applications and frameworks in digital archive programs
Tutorial: Introduction to SolrCloud
Instructor: Tomás Fernández Löbbe, LucidWorks Format: Instructor guided lecture with demos and hands-on labs Schedule: two identical sessions October 1st : A) 9:00 am – 12:00 pm OR B) 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (lunch will be provided from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm) Cost: $595
Learn how Solr advances its capabilities in release 4.0 with the addition of “SolrCloud”. In this session, you will learn how to use SolrCloud to transform your existing Solr application into a highly scalable, fault tolerant solution with distributed indexing and search capabilities. You will see demonstrations of SolrCloud in action, learn how to configure and tune your own cluster, and gain practical experience with hands-on labs - guided by a SolrCloud expert. Learn how Solr 4.0 can be used as a NoSQL store, how to do near real time search at scale, and all the tricks of the trade for maintaining your cluster over the long term. Whether you’re looking to build a 5 node cluster or a 100 node cluster, this session will put you on your way to becoming an expert in SolrCloud configuration, scaling, monitoring and tuning.
What to Bring:
Please bring a laptop computer with Java 1.7 and Solar 4.0 Beta installed.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer