We know it's being a while since we did the last NodeSchool, so we wanted to do something awesome to make it up to you. This time we'll have not only pizza and JS, but we'll also have very special guests visiting from NodeSchool San Francisco :) YAY!
Groupon's office · 1201 Third Ave Suite 2800 · Seattle, WA 98101
- What do I need to bring?
Bring a laptop, a desire to learn, and all your friendship!
- What actually happens at a NodeSchool Seattle event?
Well, NodeSchool Seattle is an opportunity to hang out with other learners and mentors in a low stress, encouraging environment. Get set up to work on lessons with real industry tools on your own computer, at your own pace. A typical event follows this schedule:
• 1:00 - Doors open
• 1:15 - Introduction and opening announcements
• 1:40-5:00 - Learning/mentoring
• 3:00ish - Food!
• 5:00 - Event ends
- How much does it cost?
Nothing. NodeSchool Seattle is free (as in free beer). And Open Source!
- Important to know
We have a code of conduct. Please check https://nodeschool.io/seattle/ for more details.
- How do I become a mentor?
We're glad you asked because we're always looking for people to volunteer as mentors! We ask that prospective mentors:
• Have already completed the core NodeSchool workshoppers (http://nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list) before the event. Having also completed some elective workshoppers is a great bonus.
• Review the Mentor Best Practices (https://github.com/nodeschool/organizers/wiki/Event-Mentor-Best-Practices) wiki page.
• Arrive 30 minutes early (12:30 PM) so we can set up and have our mentor meeting.
• Sign up on the event's GitHub issue https://github.com/nodeschool/seattle/issues/63
Food and drinks will be provided during the event.
See you there!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer