Join the San Francisco, Bay Area Drupal community the second Thursday of the month.
Where: Mission Center Building, UCSF Room MCB 6A
1855 Folsom St., San Francisco, CA, 94103, USA
The building entrance is on a parking lot which is entered from 15th Street
* 5:30 -6:00 pm: networking and socializing
* 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Design Strategies: Our Process for Building User-centered Websites with Valerie Neumark and Andrew Goldsworthy from Rootid followed by a Drupal show and tell.
* 7:00 - 7:30 pm: wrap up, more hanging out and chatting up Drupal
Design Strategies: Our Process for Building User-centered Websites
Designing a website can be a very complicated process with a lot of stages depending on the size of the site you are building. But with a user-centered strategy, grounded in best practices, you will be set-up for success.
In this session, we will guide you through the strategies we use and the basic steps needed for a clean, user-friendly website that is based in user research and design best practices.
What we'll cover:
- Defining Audiences (based on real people you know directly or indirectly)
- User Surveys
- Using Data to Understand Users
- Developing Personas
- Identifying Motivations
- Designing Persona-based Information Architecture
- Developing User Workflows & Predicting User Interactions
- Interviewing Stakeholders & Testing Assumptions
- Optimizing for Drupal Functionalities
- Design Best Practices
- Basic Color Theory for Accessibility
- Current Trends vs. Universal Constants
- Design Hand-off
Join us on slack: http://sfdrupal.herokuapp.com
SFDUG seeks to provide a friendly, safe environment. All participants should be able to engage in productive dialogue. They should share and learn with each other in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We require all participants adhere to the Drupal Code of Conduct. This applies to all community interaction and events.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer