MaGESpire HK presents Blockchain & Tokenomics - Season 01 Episode 02: The Crypto Frontier - Navigating the Wild Wild West of ICOs/TGEs
Event Organizer(s): Bowie Kryptos (MaGESpire) in partnership with Genesis Block (Venue Sponsor)
• The focus of the Event?:
Listen to presentations by and exchange views with two stalwarts (Mr. Nagu Thogiti and Dr. Joseph Wong) active in the Cryptocurrency space, on the evolution of the ICOs/TGEs, Tokenomic Models and the emerging Regulatory Landscape. Enjoy a panel discussion involving them joined by Mr. Clement Ip from Genesis Block and moderated by Ms. Kryptos (MaGESpire), with interactive Q&A involving the Audience.
• What we'll do?:
Come join us to learn about the History and Trends of Tokenomic Models, ICOs/TGEs served with a flavor of the Global and HK Regulatory Landscape in the Crypto space.
Speaker 1 - Mr. Nagu Thogiti (督一心)
Profile - Mathematician, Computer Scientist (20+ years in Cryptography and AI), MIT Certified Professional (FinTech, Cybersecurity, AI, IOT), American Mathematical Society and IEEE Member, prominent Blockchain and Protocol Security Advisor & sought-after Smart Contracts Security Auditor.
Presentation - Part I: "Past, Present & Future of ICOs: Emerging Tokenomic Models & Overview of Global Regulatory Challenges"
- History of different Tokenomic Models and the emerging price discovery auction models for ICOs viewed from the lens of Mathematics, Game Theory, and Economics.
- A brief discussion on the global regulatory landscape and the approaches adopted by different regulators in different jurisdictions to achieve a fine balance between investor protection and innovation support by adapting existing / legacy regulations to govern cryptocurrencies, tokens, and crypto exchanges.
Presentation - Part II: "Live Demo: Uniform Dutch Auction"
- A practical demo of how to design and deploy a price discovery token model using Uniform Dutch Auction with some time-dependent Game Theoretic benefits.
Speaker 2 - Dr. Joseph Wang
Profile - Chief Scientist @ Bitquant Research Laboratories, Researcher, Consultant supporting Crypto Hedge Funds and ICOs, High Technology Lending Solutions, Africa Trading Expert, Digital Currency Derivatives Trader, Blockchain & Financial Regulation Expert, Master Connector of Financial and Physics Communities to a mission to revive the Financial System that is on ventilator-support since 2008, Space Futurist with an intent to enable Human Species Survival by migrating off Earth.
Presentation: "Crypto Regulatory Trends in Hong Kong"
- A quick overview of the evolution of the Regulatory Landscape in Hong Kong, what rules that a person doing Crypto business should be aware of, pitfalls and edge cases to watch out for where current /archaic regulations aren't appropriately adapted yet for Crypto space.
• What we would like you to bring to the event?:
An open mind, positive attitude, good questions and some cheer that can help foster a healthy discussion, exchange, and interaction on the topic of our Event(s).
• IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
It goes without saying that respectful and meaningful interactions underpin any social forum and our Event(s)/Meetup(s) are no exception. In the same spirit, we would like to uphold a certain unspoken code of conduct and we do update our Meetup Group homepage from time to time that sets out and clarifies on a few key mutual expectations and understandings. We appreciate and value your support to attend our Event(s) and we'd like to let you know that by agreeing to attend our Event(s)/Meetup(s), you explicitly agree/acknowledge/consent to all such Terms and Conditions (including but not limited to the key aspects highlighted below) detailed on our Meetup Group homepage:
- Conflict of Interest
- Data Privacy, Copyrights, Trademarks & Intellectual Properties
- Financial Advice/Services, Inducement & Investment Solicitation
- Legality, Limitation of Liability & Ethical Conduct
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer