Welcome to the 3rd community hosted HTM [Hierarchical Temporal Memory] Meetup
Meet HTM hackers, AI researchers, Entrepreneurs and enthusiasts working in the field of Artificial Intelligence. See below for a brief agenda .
As always we have a special focus on lightning talks where you get to talk about your latest work. Sign up for a lightning talk if you plan to present. [Slots are limited, make sure you sign up fast].
• 6:00 - 7:00: Welcome, Sign In and Networking
• 7:00 - 7:10: About our Host [A message from our host for the day]
• 7:10 - 7:20: State of HTM Open Source [Matt Taylor]
• 7:20-7:30 : Message from Numenta [Christy Maver]
• 7:30 - 7:40: Current HTM Theory thought process [TBD]
• 7:40 - 9:00: Lightning Talks and Demos
Lightning Talks and Demos
• Two Extensions to HTM Engine - Ryan Mccall: an overview of HTM engine, describe the changes, and demo how to use them.
• HTM SCHOOL LIVE (SDRs and Spatial Pooling) - Matt Taylor : Matt has been creating several YouTube videos about HTMs. He will talk in detail about Sparse Distributed Representations and Spatial Pooling.
• Computational properties of the HTM spatial pooler- Yuwei Cui [Research Engineer at Numenta] : Talk about the HTM spacial pooler and update on state of current research.
• A Comparison of Popular AI Technologies - Chandan Maruthi: We have often been asked for a comparison of different algorithms used in AI. Chandan will cover some of the key aspects of traditional AI methods including HTM's
To sign-up for a demo/lighting talk email: [masked]
What is HTM?
Hierarchical temporal memory (HTM) is an online machine learning model developed by Numenta, Inc. that models some of the structural and algorithmic properties of the neocortex. HTM is a biomimetic model based on the memory-prediction theory of brain function described by Jeff Hawkins in his book On Intelligence. HTM is a method for discovering and inferring the high-level causes of observed input patterns and sequences, thus building an increasingly complex model of the world.
More information about HTMs: http://numenta.com/biological-and-machine-intelligence/
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer