Looking for an opportunity to learn to code and meet like-minded peers? Then join us for our next meetup!
Learning programming by yourself can be challenging. Though the resources to learn how to code are more accessible then ever, it's hard to know where to start or to figure out your next step. But don't worry we'll figure it out - together!
Our objective for this meetup is to explore programming together regardless of your level of expertise or preferred programming language. So everyone is welcome to join.
What are we going to do?
Be prepared for hands-on programming! Coding is something you can only learn by doing it so bring your laptop. Don't worry if you don't know where to start, we'll have a list of things for you to try - together!
- Write your very first program (super easy!)
- Make a game using scratch
- Make a simple website
- Choose and install the programming language that's right for you
- Learn basic programming concepts by doing a tutorial
- Use a library for the first time
- Make a request to an api
- Install tools that programmers use like package/environment managers
- Learn how to collaborate with other programmers using git
- Learn about what programming frameworks you can use to build what you want
- Get advice on what to try next
What the evening will look like:
19:00 - Meet and greet & warmup exercises
19:20 - A word of welcome
19:30 - Hands-on programming!
21:00 - Sharing lessons learned
21:15 - Socialize!
22:00 - Lights out
This is a free recurring meetup that takes place on the 2nd tuesday of each month!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer