We will run a Kubernetes basics workshop during GeekWeekWro (http://geekweekwro.pl/).
We invite anyone who hasn't used Kubernetes before and want to learn from scratch.
The workshop is based on a great "Kubernetes: Up and Running" book by Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns and Joe Beda
For the best experience we encourage participants to get a copy of this book: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920043874.do
But as the workshop will have a condensed form, we require some prior knowledge and preparation.
Technical knowledge prerequirements:
* Linux environment (commands, editors, packages, etc.)
* Docker (commands, images, containers)
* Please bring your laptop.
* Each participant should have access to a Kubernetes cluster (1 master + 2 worker nodes) prepared before the workshop.
* To prepare the cluster, please follow the instructions here: https://github.com/ttarczynski/kubernetes-101-workshop/blob/master/README.md
* In case of problems during cluster preparation please talk to us on our hangout channel: https://hangouts.google.com/group/yzVftQe0reMj5dlk2
This event is sponsored by:
* Gigaset Communications (www.gigaset.com)
* IdeaPlace (http://ideaplace.pl/)
1. Intro to Kubernetes
3. Service Discovery
4. Replica Sets