There is an adage, "if you don't measure, you don't care". As knowledge workers, we value learning; therefore, it should be measured.
Learning comes in various forms, is abstract, and difficult to measure. Learning is achieved through the consumption of knowledge in various mediums.
Let's first discover ways we all can amplify our ability to learn. Distill the consumption of knowledge into a single metric, "Knowledge Consumption Velocity". Then, discuss social journaling and the measurement of those activities. The visualization of this metric can be used as a type of mastery for a given topic.
- Understand how creative/knowledge work is non-linear
- Identify various mediums for learning
- Identify various types of learning experiences
- Tips to help increase learning
- How to use social journaling to measure professional growth
- How to apply Knowledge Consumption Velocity to professional life
Justin Beall - Software engineer of ten plus years, craftsman, XP advocate, budding agile technical coach, product management/owner curious, believer in growth mindset, multiplier, servant leader, and fierce learner. https://dev.to/dev3l/dev3l-readmemd-23b1
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer