Hallo IoT folks!
What happens when IoT goes into the cloud? How can you reap the benefits of cloud platforms in the next IoT project? In this meetup, we will dive into the inter-space of IoT & cloud.
This topic was voted up by all of you, and we will soon be resetting the polls to gather your interest and input for future events. So make sure to vote for the topic you want to hear more about in the following link:
We thank Epicenter Oslo for generously providing us with an awesome event venue.
1. Anders Bjørnestad, Senior Consultant @ Webstep
- Title: MQTT and IoT
- MQTT is the foundation for a lot of IoT, and is being used for communication both with sensors/devices and also with other systems as light weight communication. Anders will provide a view on how the communication with the devices are on the cloud side, with base in AWS IoT Hub, where digital twins live, data is being evaluated and events are triggered. The Hub can also forward the data it to more traditional processing and storage as serveres, containers, functions, databases and datalakes.
2. Alexander Sagen, VP R&D @ Airthings
- Title: How Airthings connected their "thing" to AWS
- Airthings enables people to take control over their environment with devices for measuring radon and indoor air quality. They'll show us how they're leveraging AWS when building their serverless data platform, and why they're confident they'll scale as the number of devices and data points grow exponentially.
3. Frode Bjerke, Director Software Engineering @ Unacast
- Title: Trivial Data Pipelines
- Billions of data points from connected devices per day. It is not Big Data and processing it is easier by the year, soon it is trivial. In this talk, we will learn how Unacast leverages the Google Cloud Platform and other tools to deliver insights from data on a petabyte scale.
Food and drinks will be served at 17:30. The talks will begin at 18:00.
Don't forget to RSVP. See you there!
//Marianne, Nikhil, Xiaopeng, Stian, Stian and Simon