npm install (and maybe, npm install -g) is the 10% of NPM that most developers already know and use.
Have you ever wondered what you could do if you understood the other 90% of npm?? Are you ready to learn about using the CLI tools and other executables hosted on the registry with NPX??
Todd Palmer is going to speak about what else NPM can do for you!
This Presentation will have TWO PARTS:
A. A Deep Dive into NPM - the other 90% of NPM (~30 mins)
B. An intro into NPX - boosting your npm to the next level (~30-45 mins)
In the FIRST PART of the code-focused session we will:
A Deep Dive Into NPM
• Uncover the major flaw of npm - What you need to know so it won't
• See exactly how npm processes dependencies.
• Explore how npm deals with version conflicts.
• Know what types of dependencies to use for publishing your own
• Understand why you will typically create multiple package.json files
for your project.
In the SECOND PART of the code -focused session we will:
Intro to NPX
• Manage all your CLI tools
• Get rid of global npm package junk
• Manage multiple package versions
• Simplify a number of things that required a bit of ceremony to do
with plain npm
• Test various version of Node.js
• Setting up the auto fallback feature with NPX
Todd will be showing LIVE demos of EVERYTHING. There will be LIVE editing of the config files. And LIVE publishing to and installing from npm.
As always, the meeting is free... Looking forward to seeing you!!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer