**Newbie Friendly** This class is for people with little to no technical experience.
Not sure how the Internet works?
Want to dip your toes into the tech industry?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in beginner-friendly terms. While we won't be writing code, we'll take you through various components of the web and how they work together. If you want to learn how to communicate better with your technical team or friends or you're considering a career in technology but don't know where to begin, this course is for you.
• What is the World Wide Web?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• What do you need to know before building a web site?
• What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
No technical knowledge is needed for this 2 hour workshop.
* An ID to be let into the building
* A laptop or a notebook to follow along (not a requirement but it might be nice to have)
Girl Develop It welcomes all genders and identities to our classroom. By entering this group, all community members agree to abide by our Girl Develop It Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct).
There are no refunds or make-ups for this course unless the class is rescheduled, moved to a different location or cancelled. If you end up being unable to attend any or all of these dates, the entire amount of your tuition will be donated to our scholarship fund to help other women who need financial assistance. Thank you for understanding.
We have 100% no drop-ins policy. Students that have not registered on Meetup before the class will not be accepted into the class. Please do not show up to a class without registering via Meetup, you will be turned away.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer