Intro to Development with Python is a FREE, 4 hour workshop designed for anyone who is new to Python and wishes to get started building applications. You will learn the basics of programming with Python. You will learn how to use expressions, variables, conditionals, loops, lists, sets, dicts, functions, objects, and exceptions.
Topics will include:
• Storing and manipulating user-input data using Python
• Implementing basic Python decisions, iteration, sequence containers, sets, and dicts
• Reading and writing files using Python
• Defining custom functions and calling built-in Python functions
• Importing modules and namespaces from the Python Standard Library
• Defining classes and instantiating objects using Python’s Class mechanism.
• How to handle exceptions and document code.
• How to build and debug an entire program written in Python.
• How to write a command line app which uses web scraping to download images from a website
About the Presenter, Patrick Wolf
Patrick Wolf is the Global Head of Pipeline at Pixomondo. He has worked as a software architect, developer and team lead, and has 20+ years’ experience in taking ideas from concept to realization. He has successfully architected and implemented pipeline solutions for visual effects productions, set up fault tolerant data and file replication between branch offices, has built complex reporting solutions, database driven applications and innovative websites. Being captivated by technology, he possess extensive technical knowledge and excels at finding creative solutions to intricate technical challenges and then implementing these under tight budget and time constraints.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer