Note: This one day class runs from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with a 45 min break for lunch (please bring your own lunch or purchase nearby)
Interested in an in-demand career with salaries up to six-figures? The job market for Salesforce professionals is growing, with over 100,000 job openings for Salesforce skills created last year*. In this class, you'll get a crash course in building simple employee-facing business apps that run on both a web browser and a mobile device - without writing any code!
This is not a sales pitch. We're Salesforce professionals, and we're passionate about bringing diversity to the tech sector and helping women learn about powerful career options.
Whether you’re familiar with Salesforce from your work experience or are just looking for a career in a hot field, join us to learn about app-building on Salesforce.
What this class will cover:
• What is Salesforce and what are the career opportunities for Salesforce Admins and Developers?
• App-building concepts including data modeling, user interfaces, business logic, reports, dashboards, and mobile.
• Hands-on and guided project building to build a sample app in one day.
• Introduction to Trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/), a fun online learning platform for Salesforce.
• Resources for connecting with the Salesforce community (https://success.salesforce.com/).
The tools for learning to develop with Salesforce are free:
• Trailhead (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/), the fun free way to learn Salesforce
• Salesforce1 Mobile App (AppStore and Google Play)
PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
Students should be fairly familiar with using web and mobile applications and Googling for answers to all of life’s questions. You do not need any prior Salesforce experience.
Please bring a laptop, not an iPad/tablet. The visual development tools only run on a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari 9.x and 10.x on Mac OS X, Internet Explorer 11).
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Kathy's formal training was in Music Education and she spent a good number of years running a piano studio before stumbling into Salesforce. For the past 9 years now, she has enjoyed creating technical solutions that make business processes simpler. Kathy is passionate about introducing women to possibilities in the tech world and currently leads the Philadelphia Salesforce Women in Tech User Group (https://www.meetup.com/PhillySWIT/).
Linda's been a "Salesforce Jedi" and consulting since 2009. She previously worked as a Salesforce Systems Manager in the financial services and retail sectors. She has rich experience implementing Salesforce projects for small companies and large-scale enterprises alike, holds a slew of Salesforce certifications and is a recognized expert in many areas, including (but not limited to) custom buttons, complex reporting and solutions, business process design and generally making her customers wildly delighted! Linda currently leads the Central Pennsylvania Women in Tech User Group.
• Girl Develop It welcomes all genders and identities to our classroom. By entering this group, all community members agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct
• See our Assistance page for information on scholarships, laptops for loan, and other services. http://bit.ly/gdiphillyhelp
REFUNDS AND WAITLIST
Refunds are offered only if the class is rescheduled/cancelled or in extreme circumstances. If you are no longer able to attend, please post your interest in selling your ticket in the comments. If you find a buyer, send a Meetup message to Suzie with the name of the buyer. Do not change your RSVP in the Meetup event.
Unfortunately, GDI cannot offer a waitlist.
We aim to offer this class twice per year. Timing varies based on teacher/venue availability.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer