This two-part course runs on Saturday, March 24th and Sunday, March 25th from 11:45am to 4pm each day.
Topics we'll cover:
• JS tools for testing, "linting," and minification
• Code organization, clean code, and debugging
• Design patterns
• Code performance
• AJAX requests and synchronous vs asynchronous processes
• Regular expressions
• Cookie management
• Introductions to MVC frameworks (Angular, React, etc), Node.js, libraries (jQuery), test-driven development, and object-oriented programming
PREREQUISITES & TECH REQUIREMENTS
• Your laptop. (Note: a netbook or tablet is NOT a substitute!)
• A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 3 (http://www.sublimetext.com/2) (It's free and available for Mac/PC/Linux).
ABOUT THE TEACHER
• Girl Develop It welcomes all genders and identities to our classroom. By entering this group, all community members agree to abide by our Code of Conduct ( http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct ).
• See our Assistance page for information on scholarships, laptops for loan, and other services. We'd like to help you benefit from our classes! ( http://bit.ly/gdiphillyhelp)
• Questions about the class or want to Teaching Assist? Contact Suzie at [masked]
REFUNDS AND WAITLIST
Refunds are offered only if the class is rescheduled/cancelled or in extreme circumstances. If you are no longer able to attend, please post your interest in selling your ticket in the comments. If you find a buyer, send a Meetup message to Suzie with the name of the buyer. Do not change your RSVP in the Meetup event.
Unfortunately, GDI cannot offer a waitlist. If the class is full, please keep an eye on the comments to see if another student is interested in selling their ticket to you.
We aim to offer this class twice per year. Timing varies based on teacher and venue availability. Keep an eye on our Meetup page for future class announcements.