***EventBrite registration required - see link below***
All the coding courses will be based on these 3 principles:
- Make tech and coding accessible
- Speak in simple, jargon free English
- Make the content interesting and challenging
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR
This workshop is for anyone interested in a taster of web development. It's suitable for people who work in related fields, people who want to understand a bit more about how the web works, or people considering signing up for a longer course but wanting to try a small introductory workshop before committing to something longer.
Particularly useful for people who want to learn about coding and could include
Freelancers, artists, entrepreneurs, bloggers, contractors, designers, students, etc
WHAT ARE THE KEY TAKEAWAYS
The key takeaways are:
- Become proficient with HTML
- Learn to spot bugs onsite and fixing them yourself.
- Design and build your own tech websites/apps
- Dive into the principles behind responsive web design.
- Understand the language of web development, so you can better
communicate your ideas to developers.
Osmond Desilva, Founder Tech Citizen meetup
I am an Accountant and Electronics Engineer and assist in Business Plans, Pitch, Development, Strategy, Mentor and Funding for Startups and Entrepreneurs for over 30 years around the world. Also, I have been coding for that long.
These workshops do get oversubscribed. For this reason, you will be sent a questionnaire to see your suitability for the workshop.
Make sure to fill it in fully and accurately.
BRING WITH YOU
1) You own laptop
2) Make sure you have Google Chrome installed and running on your computer
3) Download SublimeText Editor - You'll do all your work on this so please set it up before the workshop
Instructions for what to prepare will be sent out a few days before the workshop.
The workshop expects no prior programming knowledge of experience, just a reasonable level of computer literacy.
• 02.00 pm to 02.05 pm: Registration and networking
• 02.05 pm to 02.45 pm: Presentation
• 02.45 pm to 03.00 pm: Coffee Break
• 03.00 pm to 03.30 pm: Exercises
• 03.30 pm to 04.00 pm: Q&A/More networking
We appreciate your cooperation in updating your RSVP to be an accurate representation of whether you will attend.
Nearest tube: Old street
Opposite Pret a Manger
The venue is provided to Tech city for free and we need to respect the owners hospitality.
You are required to buy one item from the cafe counter.
You are not allowed to consume/leave any drinks (including branded water) and food from outside, on the premises.
You will need to register on Eventbrite for this event
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer