Simon Janin on Smart Contracts in Healthcare
Simon has been fascinated by IT and in particular computer security for more than 10 years. Ethereum became a passion of his in the very early days; he was one of the first to realize its potential and decided to dedicate an educational YouTube channel to the subject - all while studying Computer Science at ETH Zürich. Since then, he got involved in several blockchain projects, most based on Ethereum. He wrote an academic paper on a novel blockchain file exchange protocol which enables distrusting parties to exchange files for monetary value. He now works on a novel blockchain industry product, out of which a company is being created.
Summary of Presentation:
• What is a blockchain and why do we need decentralization
• From value transfers to general applications: Smart Contracts
• Applications of Smart Contracts
• How to use Smart Contracts in Healthcare
• The difficulty of Smart Contract engineering
• Security considerations
• The problem of privacy and its potential solution: Zero-Knowledge proofs
18:00 - Door opening
18:30 - Smart Contracts in Healthcare; Simon Janin
19:00 - Q&A
19:15 - General Discussion
19:30 - Networking
We have a max. headcount of 100 due to space limitations, so sign up in time.