Calling All Innovators!
Think you have something patentable, but aren’t sure? Wonder if you should consider seeking patent protection for your invention? Don't have a clue where to start?
Join us for this highly informative "Patents 101" workshop that will demystify the patent process for you.
What will be covered:
- The practicalities and definitions of patent types
- When to know that you have something patentable
- The importance of formulating a patent strategy and why
- The process nuts and bolts of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Timing expectations after a patent is filed, and follow-on action items to monitor
- Your IP future: building a patent portfolio and why
A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
This workshop will be led by John Sotomayor, Patent Attorney and Co-Founder of SotoIP (www.sotoip.com).
Based in Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC, SotoIP specializes in serving startup and emerging growth companies in developing their IP strategy, patent prosecution, and patent portfolio growth and management.
John was formerly in-house patent counsel for high-tech startups in RTP, is a former Patent Examiner with the USPTO, and spent the first half of his career as an electrical engineer in the energy, telecommunications, software, and intelligence industries.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer