We're once again partnering with our friends at "Data Riders, a Big Data and Cloud Meetup" for a 2.5-hour hands-on workshop.!
Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost high-load applications and services, and bring existing IT architecture to the next level by storing and processing a massive amount of data both in RAM and, optionally, on disk.
The capabilities and benefits of such platforms will be demonstrated with the usage of Apache Ignite, which is the in-memory computing platform that is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.
By the end of the workshop the attendees will learn how:
• Configure and deploy Apache Ignite clusters
• Partitioning and replication works at the nutshells
• Process distributed data sets using key-value, SQL and compute APIs
• Apply collocated processing concept in practice
• Configure SQL schemas and tap into SQL language
• Enable and utilize persistence.
The workshop is based on Java programming language. The attendees should be familiar with the language basics and bring their laptops with a required preinstalled software that will be shared later.
Denis Magda, director of product management at GridGain Systems
The open-source Apache Ignite is a memory-centric data platform that is strongly consistent and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.