• What we'll do
Session 1 (40 minutes + Q&A): Introduction to Cloud, Bigdata and Hadoop (Talk) — Radhakrishnan RK from Cloudenablers (https://www.linkedin.com/in/radhakrishnan-rk-26a291110/)
- About Bigdata and Cloud
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Hadoop Usecases
- Introduction to distributed storage and data processing frameworks.
- Short notes on HDFS, Ceph, Mapreduce, Tez, Spark, Flink.
- Hadoop deployment architecture single node and multi node with various deployment mode.
- Hadoop Enterprise customers
Session 2 (40 minutes + Q&A): Using Monoids for Large Scale Business Stats — Karthik Natarajan from Indix (https://github.com/karthikcru)
- At Indix we collect and process lots of data. Most of our processing initially was done as MapReduce jobs but as our data grew in size, we moved to stream processing. We monitor the behaviour of our systems through collection of business metrics. It was relatively easy to write stats jobs on our MR output but things got tricky when we moved to Stream based processing.
- This talk will walk you through MR basics and a few real-world scenarios where we can use MR.
• What to bring
This is a free event. If you're not from Ramanujan IT City, please arrive a bit early so that you don't get delayed at the security gate.
Bring a government-issued photo ID. Any of these would work: Driving License, PAN card, Aadhaar, Passport.
• Important to know
RSVP closes at 5:00pm the previous day to arrange the security passes.
Please upload your photo to your meetup.com profile to prepare your security passes.