gRPC is a high performance, open-source universal RPC framework. A service definition can be simply created in Protocol Buffers. Libraries in a wide variety of languages are then automatically generating the interface objects based on the service definition. Also, gRPC is much faster as REST due to leveraging HTTP/2 and Protocol Buffers. This talk will first give an introduction into gRPC. Afterward, we will see gRPC in action by creating a Scala service and a Swift client in a live-coding session.
Markus is a Technical Lead at MOIA. As Scala enthuisast his focus is to design and built distributed systems based on Akka and Lagom. He is a very active member of the German Scala community, co-organizing hackathons and user groups in Hamburg and Berlin. Markus is also the co-founder and former CTO of Y-Combinator funded startup.
- 18:30 - 19:00 Get-together with vietnamese finger food and drinks
- 19:00 - 20:00 gRPC with Scala and Swift talk
- 20:00: Get-together with even more drinks
- The talk will be in English
- Accessibility: The meeting area is accessible by wheelchair (use the elevator)
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer