Open to all prospective GDI NYC Instructors with availability to teach February - June! Join GDI NYC at Grace Hopper Academy on Tuesday January 30th from 7-9:30PM, to learn about our paid instructor opportunities.
TO RSVP: Please complete the survey below and submit your Presentation topic to [masked]. Space is limited to only 20 attendees in order to get through the whole workshop!
During this training/introduction, you will learn:
• Responsibilities and duties of Instructor
• Benefits of instructing with GDI NYC
• What instructing a GDI NYC class is like
• Take part in fun 5-min ‘mini workshop’ on topics prepared by attendees
• Learn how to sign up to start as an instructor
***In preparation for the event:***
1. Please complete the GDI Instructor Survey Form (https://goo.gl/forms/34EVaJB7hx74RUBo1) with your most up-to-date availability
2. Prepare a short (~ 5 minute) lightning talk or ‘hands on’ activity of your choosing. Have fun with your presentation - this doesn't have to be super formal we just want to get an idea of how comfortable you are teaching in front of a group and an example of your teaching style! See a list of suggested topics:(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VtuxUSzoQlOX8ekHt0O13UelRtKHPOao4CevMdcaBkg/edit)
Your participation as a GDI NYC Instructor is critical in helping to close the diversity gap in the technology industry. We appreciate your support and look forward to strengthening GDI NYC in 2018 with your help!
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer