Do you want to have a big impact on edtech? If you are a teacher, developer or designer with a great idea for an app or just looking to help turn a great idea into reality, this is the weekend event of the year for you! A weekend hackathon at Google Campus, London, UK to create the next generation of mobile apps for use in the classroom, apps that can have a real impact on learning, plus the opportunity to meet and network with some of the key people in the London EdTech community.
The Hackathon is organised by Zzish. Our mission is to enable almost anyone to create education apps that can have a real impact on learning. We're levelling the playing field for app creators across the world, allowing them to create apps better, faster and cheaper than ever before.
Friday 27 Nov
• 5:30pm Arrival
• 6:00pm Presentation from Charles Wiles, CEO at Zzish
• 6:30pm 1 minute pitches from attendees
• 7:00pm Networking and team forming
• 10:00pm Finish
Sat 28 Nov
• 10:00am Breakfast
• 1:00pm Lunch
• 6:30pm Dinner
• 8:00 pm Finish
Sun 29 Nov
• 10:30am Breakfast
• 1:30pm Lunch
• 4:30pm 5 minute presentations
• 5:30pm Judging and awards
• 6pm Finish
Our mission at Zzish is to enable almost anyone to create education apps that can have a real impact on learning. We're levelling the playing field for app creators across the world, allowing them to create apps better, faster and cheaper than ever before.
- First prize is £5,000 of development effort from Zzish to turn the best application that plugs into the Zzish Learning Hub into a product ready app. Zzish will also promote the app to their network of 2,000 schools in 60 countries.
- Emerge Educaton - 2 hour mentoring session.
- Educational App Store - Mentoring and advice + free review on the Educational App Store (worth £300)
- EltJam - 2 hour training session on digital pedagogy and introduction to instructional design
- Neon Adventures - A meeting with Chris Huey, leading investor in UK EdTech ventures (such as Code Kingdoms and Zzish) to advise you on your business model and investor pitch.
- ARBOR Education - Mentoring and advice from Ravi Patel, product manager.
- Oxford University Press - Mentoring and advice
- Teach First - Judging and mentorship.
- Edfuse - Mentoring and advice.
Plus many more prizes to come!
Head of Education at Bussu @campbellhowes
Innovation and product development expert at Pearson plc @henrywarren
Edtech expert and advisor at Zzish Ltd @dick_taylor
Co-founder and CEO of Zzish @charleswiles
Head of Ideas, Teach First Innovation Unit
Founder and CEO at Educational App Store
There are many ways for companies to partner with the Hackathon. To learn how you can provide support for the developer community, please contact charles AT zzish.com
For more information, please check out our website
P. S. Price to participate is to cover the cost of six meals and drinks over the weekend.
PLEASE NOTE WE WON'T REFUND PEOPLE WHO REQUEST REFUNDS IN THE LAST WEEK PREVIOUS TO THE EVENT.