Learn how to produce beautiful maps and demographic profiles using R libraries and open-source data. It's DIY GIS!
• get and process free geo data with Google and Census APIs
• overlay other data, linking via Latitude-Longitude or Census tract
• productionalize it to execute cost effectively
• make it accessible via API or cloud interface
These will help you with:
• Deciding where to place a store
• Planning a promotional and media strategy based on demographics of a customer base
• Understanding store performance
• Many other applications in municipal policy making and political campaigning
To sum it up, this presentation will show you how to capture and apply geo-data cost-effectively and will go over general code flow, libraries & outputs. The speaker also has interesting examples of use-cases like choosing store sites, finding competitors near your business locations, and discovering demographics of a customer base vs. business expectation of its ethnic and income composition.
Speaker: Thad Wengert - https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadw/
Bio: What makes Thad tick is traveling from business problems to well-crafted, usable decision tools. You'll hear him say that the hardest part of analytics is the "last mile" - getting the business decision maker to believe and change. He graduated from Swarthmore College and Cornell University majoring in Applied Economics, and has thereafter brought new, data-driven functionality to Bank of America, Family Dollar, SnapAV, and CompuCom, as well as freelance engagements. He even has one start-up in retail image recognition under his belt. A longtime SAS + SQL user, he has fallen for R (though he thinks about learning Python).
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer