This meetup is going to be advanced topics only. No beginner or n00b things at all! You need over 9000 experience points to join.
* 17:25 Welcome (Kalle Hallivuori - Futurice)
* 17:30 Terraform - Breaking changes in 0.12 (Anh Duong - Futurice)
Anh is a cloud specialist in cloud automation team in Futurice. The talk will be a quick overview of terraform 0.12 features and a quick demo of terraform 0.12 beta 1.
* 17:55 Terraform - Ways to structure your tf project (the bestest practise) (Sunil Mohanty - Futurice)
“Configuration bugs, not code bugs, are the most common cause I've seen of really bad outages”. Sunil, has been working with Terraform for more than 2.5 years now and has experienced the same. In this session, he will share common best-practices to design terraform based IaaC projects.
* 18:10: 10-minute break
* 18:20 Netlify and JAMStack (Pekkis - Fraktio)
I'm going to talk about Netlify, the newish terrible hype word "JAMStack", how do they compare with all the other nice providers and methodologies we can have, and what flavor of YAML and how much will one be writing there.
* 18:50 Dinner (20 minutes of pure greed)
* 19:10 Application Insights and profiling deep dive (Neil McAlister - Futurice)
How we use it, real life examples, logging, profiling, alerting.
* 19:30 Top Azure ARM fails and how to avoid them ( Teemu Tapanila - Nordcloud):
Teemu Tapanila has been involved in over 50 solutions built on the Microsoft Azure cloud. He has found that there are 5 key pitfalls that are common. In this session, he will share what these pitfalls are, why do they matter and how to mitigate them.
Sauna has been reserved 20-23. Some 20 people fit in.
Venue sponsored by Futurice: https://futurice.com/
There will be food and drinks!