we will be looking at chapters (in order) from the book "Deep Learning with PyTorch". this is our first time doing this book, and while we will try to incorporate hands-on, for now it's hard to say for sure how each session will be structured.
The book "Deep Learning with PyTorch" was made available for free by PyTorch.org. Please google "Pytorch.org Deep Learning" to download as soon as you can as we do not know how long PyTorch will distribute this book for free.
[estimated schedule -- subject to change]
18 Aug - review of skills learnt in ch01 - ch08
25 Aug - Project night
01 Sep - ch09 Using PyTorch to Fight Cancer (Part 1)
08 Sep - ch09 Using PyTorch to Fight Cancer (Part 2)
15 Sep - ch10 Combining data sources into unified dataset (Part 1)
22 Sep - ch10 Combining data sources into unified dataset (Part 2)
29 Sep - Project night
To guide and assist learners of Python programming language and to give opportunity to those experienced in Python to teach and help others.
- familiarity with programming (completed first course in Python)
- Intermediate or Veteran experts are also invited to join us in leading sessions! It can be on any topic in which you're interested, or even topics outside the scope of the book! Just get in touch with any of the organizers before sessions.
as mentioned in the book:
- no assumption of prior knowledge of deep learning
- know-how installing Python packages
- familiarity with NumPy useful but not strictly required
- familiarity with some basic linear algebra, such as knowing what matrices and vectors are and what a dot product is
Online via Zoom (Please install Zoom in advance)
Please note we will do Zoom recording, but the videos will only be shared within our Slack community (not uploaded to YouTube etc).
19:30 - 21:00 (we normally try to finish the main stuff by 20:30, but sometimes need a little more time)
We are not affiliated to the writer/publisher of the book. Our purpose is just to help you as volunteers.