Data Workshop with Vladimir
Saturday, Aug 27th, 11:00 – 16:00 (4 sessions with pizza break).
GE Healthcare ul. Życzkowskiego 20
Let me invite you to Data Workshop #4.
You can check how it was on previous workshops:
Data Workshop #1 - http://www.meetup.com/datakrk/events/230392309/
Data Workshop #2 - http://www.meetup.com/datakrk/events/231590232/
Data Workshop #3 - http://www.meetup.com/datakrk/events/232049478/
Vacation period is over and your mind is fresh and open for new knowledge! Let’s use this opportunity and continue our trip in machine learning world…
What I learned so far about data workshops:
• There are new joiners all the time (who never worked with machine learning before)
• There are people who participated in all workshops
• There are people who have machine learning knowledge, even if they come for the first time
So, the question is how to deal with it? I figured out one experimental formula:
• All even workshops (e.g. next one is - #4) will be containing the whole workflow adopted also for new joiners.
• All odd workshops will be focused on special component (e.g. evaluating/metrics or visualization or hyper parameters tuning or stacking).
Next data workshop #4 will be focused on the whole workflow. This is a good news for new joiners, feel free to join even if you don’t have experience in machine learning. For more advanced people in machine learning it might be interesting as well, because you’ll see some advanced technics how to build a better model.
What you will learn
• Feature engineering
• Feature selection
• Model selection
• Hyper parameter tuning
• GE Healthcare will provide pizza during the lunch break
About the speaker
I like traveling, also in IT world. I worked in different areas in IT (with different technologies). A lot of things happened in this time… I don’t remember all of them, but last 3 years I spent my time learning data. I was involved in building infrastructure for Big Data, I prepared ETL (Hadoop stuff) and I analyzed data (sales forecasting) and so on. In my free time I learn from MOOC (Coursera, Udacity, edX and so on), books and I take participation on the Kaggle. I love challenges.
• Basic knowledge of python
• Install anaconda ( http://continuum.io/downloads ) or install manually those packages: ipython, scikit-learn, pandas, ggplot
• Install xgboost - https://github.com/dmlc/xgboost (optinal not required)
• Use this script to verify your environment - https://github.com/dataworkshop/prerequisite
Please bring your laptop with you
Please come an hour before if you need help with setting up the environment!
HOW TO GET TO THE MEETING?
By public transportation
You can reach our office by tram 4, 5, 9, 10, 52 or 72. The nearest stop is 'AWF'
and have a walk along Politechnika Krakowska buildings (Życzkowskiego street). Avia building is located at the end of this small street. Remember that total travel time from the city center may take around 30 minutes.
On Saturday there will be plenty of places to park the car next to Życzkowskiego street