PLEASE REMEMBER, You need to complete a registration and pay on the Chicago Booth site to guarantee a seat (Note: registration will close at noon on the day of the event. Walk-ins will be accepted, space permitting):
Note Pricing Change (to address large number of walk-ins and estimating required food):
• $10 Early Bird (more than 1 week prior to event)
• $15 Standard Pricing (within 1 week of event)
• $20 At the Door
Description: Data analytics has raised an array of ethical challenges for organizations. And as they build the internal structures, processes, and competencies needed to address such challenges, they may need to think through a number of important questions:
• Who needs to be educated about data analytics ethics in the company?
• What do they need to learn? How should they learn it?
• Who should be accountable for identifying business activities that may have ethical ramifications? Once identified, who should set corporate direction?
• Should a company develop an internal code of professionalism for all involved in data analytics?
In this one-hour roundtable, we first discuss the import of these questions and review how some companies and organizations may be addressing them. In the second half of the roundtable, we break up into three groups, each of which will discuss and make recommendations related to data analytics ethics training, accountability, and codes of professionalism.
Speaker: Arnie Aronoff has been an instructor in the University of Chicago's Master of Science in Data Analytics (MScA) program since 2014. Arnie co-teaches "Strategy, Communications, and Teams" with Roger Moore in this program, focusing his portion of the course on team development and dynamics. He will be offering the program's first course in data analytics ethics this Summer Quarter.
Arnie is also an organizational development consultant working in the healthcare, social services, and gov-ernment sectors. His most recent project (and interest) is facilitating change in organizations as they opera-tionalize data analytics capabilities and competencies. Arnie has a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago.
Claim the event and start manage its content.I am the organizer